Offering riders the highest level of performance and quality with regards to cycling shorts has been a key part of the ASSOS identity for over four decades. It is therefore of the utmost importance to us that we continue to boast the finest day-to-day performance short around. And so, we are proud to present our flag bearer, the acclaimed T equipe EVO. From the game-changing comfort of the current S7 generation, they take a step forward from the original ASSOS équipe short, which has been the favorite within ASSOS since its creation.
These revised cycling bibs rely on a brand new, high performance insert, known as the équipeEVO_S7. With a distinctive black colour, it has enhanced ventilation at the front of the insert. Developed to increase airflow, these ventilation holes mean that your most sensitive areas will keep a cooler climate, thus improving comfort on longer riders.
In further refinement, these riding shorts stand out from the rest of our collection by deploying the same tailoring and technology as found in the BMC Racing Team shorts to add a little color, seeing two standard edition options with a colored band on the right leg. For a more understated look, the blackSeries edition features a white band on the left leg. And for those who want to ride under the radar, we have our black-on-black profBlack edition.
How to use
Your go-to bib short for training, long commutes and races. Pair with the apposite skinFoil baselayer, the ASSOS équipe jersey and the équipe socks for the full kit. These padded shorts are designed to excel during summer rides. Add the warmth of our legwarmer_evo7 or kneewarmer_evo7 to build an outfit suited to spring/fall rides. Applying our antibacterial, anti-friction Chamois Crème prior to riding in these shorts is a must for optimal results.
• S7 Generation: the latest generation of ASSOS cycling shorts, employing technology and fabrics engineered over a 5-year period.
• Racing Fit: A fit that is tighter and slightly more compressive than our alternative regularFit and comfortFit options. May feel restrictive out of the riding position but feels like a second skin while riding and results in a higher performance, improved comfort and less drag.
• Type.439 Diadema: A textile design created with our fabric suppliers to meet our demands of performance, comfort and durability. Unique within the industry, the weave has two different rates of 4-way stretch, requiring great expertise to maximize the elasticity of the fabric on the cutting table.
• Aero Patterning Fenomeno1 Design: Drawing on learnings from our project to create the fastest skinsuit at the 2012 Olympics, this original design involves crafting the garment with a single seam that sits on the rear of your legs causing the main fabric of the shorts to wrap around your thighs, providing a unique level of comfort and compression.
• Y7 Frame Carrier Bib Tech: A bib redesign that involving using a wider cut of elastic for less pressure on your shoulders, resulting in less friction and more comfort.
• ÉquipeEVO_S7 Insert: Coming with 8mm of memory foam, this revised insert is nestled at the intersection between comfort and performance. Central to the fit is the patented elastic insert interface, which was invented by ASSOS and sees the insert move with your body, allowing it to sit in one place to follow your movements, reduce friction and increase comfort.
• Krater Ventilation: This includes the addition of small holes at the front of the insert, which increase airflow so that your most sensitive areas are kept cooler, leading to more comfort and one less reason to cut your ride short early.
• ASSOS Waffle: A unique three-layer foam used in our inserts with perforations that make it light and highly breathable.
• ASSOS Golden Gate: A patented technology which augments the performance of the insert by allowing the most fluent movement with the body.
• Super Flat Grippers: Ultra minimal grippers with optimal stretch return to secure the shorts in place without any excessive pressure.
• Ice Color: A fabric treatment that reflects sunlight and thus reduces heat absorption to keep muscles cooler.
• Odor Control: An anti-bacterial treatment that reduces unpleasant odors and improves durability.