Session 9 is a downhill mountain bike with a robust alloy frame and high-pivot suspension design that keeps you nimble, planted, and blazing fast on even the most punishing runs. It's built with our best DH suspension package, a high-end drivetrain, and powerful Code RSC brakes.
It's right for you if...
You. Love. Speed. And you're looking for a beefy DH bike that's built to keep up. You want a smarter, faster suspension design that keeps you in control, and you want top-of-the-line fork, shock, and brakes.
The tech you get
A burly alloy frame, 200mm rear travel with a RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate DH shock, 200mm RockShox Boxxer Ultimate with Charger 2.1 RC2 damper, Code RSC 4-piston brakes, SRAM X01 7-speed drivetrain, and carbon bars.
The final word
Session has always been the go-to DH bike. Now it's more of a ripper than ever thanks to new suspension design that delivers more traction, speed, and virtually no pedal kickback. Our best model gives you a top-of-the-line fork, shock, and brakes, too.
Why you'll love it
- New suspension layout with a high pivot and idler pulley increases traction, carries more speed, and reduces pedal kickback for more stability
- Virtually zero pedal kickback means you'll stay confidently planted and in control during descents—especially when landing jumps or drops
- The high pivot design delivers a more efficient rearward axle path so you'll carry more speed and your wheel won't get hung up on obstacles
- Adjust your suspension progression by flipping the lower shock mount chip—20% for plush park rides, 25% for racing efficiency
- Our new DH sizing system is based on reach, not rider height, which is the most important factor in a great downhill bike fit
|Frame||Alpha Platinum Aluminum, high main pivot, idler pulley, integrated frame protection, internal or external routing, magnesium rocker link, Mino Link, ISCG 05 2-bolt mount, Active Braking Pivot, 157 x 12mm thru axle, 200mm travel|
|Fork||RockShox Boxxer Ultimate, DebonAir spring, Charger 2.1 RC2 damper, straight steerer, 46mm offset, Boost, 110 x 20mm Maxle Stealth, 200mm travel|
|Rear Shock||RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate DH, RC damper, 225mm x 70mm|
Front: Bontrager Line DH 30, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, 110 x 20mm Boost thru axle
Rear: Bontrager Line DH 30, Tubeless Ready, Rapid Drive 108, 6-bolt, Shimano 7-speed freehub, 157 x 12mm thru axle
|Tires||Bontrager G5 Team Issue, wire bead, 2-ply 60TPI, 29" x 2.50|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB, 83mm, BSA threaded|
|Crankset||SRAM X01 DH, DUB 83, 34T alloy ring, 165mm length|
|Shifters||SRAM X01 DH, 7-speed|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM X01 DH, medium cage|
|Cassette/Freewheel||SRAM PG-720, 11-25, 7-speed|
|Chain||SRAM PC-1110, 11-speed|
|Brakes||SRAM Code RSC 4-piston hydraulic disc|
|Rotors||SRAM CenterLine, 6-bolt, round edge, 180mm|
|Handlebars||Bontrager Line Pro, OCLV Carbon, 35mm, 15mm rise, 820mm width|
|Tape/Grips||Bontrager XR Trail Elite, nylon lock-on|
|Stem||Bontrager Line Pro, 35mm, Direct Mount, 50mm length|
|Seatpost||Bontrager Rhythm Elite, 31.6mm, 0mm offset, 330mm length|
|Saddle||Bontrager Arvada, austenite rails, 138mm width|
|Pedals||Wellgo MG-1, magnesium body, Cro-Mo axle, replaceable pins|
* Subject to change without notice.